Super Fluffy Paleo Pancakes
Craving these after a long travel day to get to my destination this week for work. Somehow my trip from Columbus to Newark, New Jersey ended up taking me to 6 states, and spanned 15 hours. When I got to my hotel long after I was supposed to, I was incredibly frustrated and stressed for about 5 minutes…until I forced myself to sit down, close my eyes, and breathe deeply. Typically my reaction would be to start hysterically crying (which I almost started to) and complaining to anyone who had ears, but I must say, this new tactic was much better. 🙂 All I had to do was remind myself that the situation happened and was done. It was out of my control. A lot worse things could have happened. I am still as healthy and happy as I was when I left Columbus, and dwelling on my unfortunate circumstances would just bring negative energy into my life.
Life goes on! I also ended up getting some news last night, which I am totally thrilled about. Stay Tuned! I cannot wait to announce it later this month!
Anywho – back to this fab recipe:
I love pancakes, especially when they’re fluffy! And I love coconut. This recipe is a beautiful amalgamation of the two, and better yet, it is simple and insanely delicious! The taste of the coconut isn’t very strong, but coconut flour has amazing properties when you cook with it, like no other flour.
Nothing like a massive stack of pancakes on a Saturday or Sunday morning. Nom nom.
These pancakes are sure to please any breakfast guests! No one will ever have to know you are secretly feeding them a super healthy and nutrient dense stack of hotcakes. 🙂 They are also gluten-free and Paleo, for those following specific diets! If you’re making a larger batch, you can keep them toasty and warm in the oven, on a very low temperature.
These are made with coconut flour and coconut oil (my FAV!), and are so yum topped with your favorite fresh fruit!
These photos do not do these pancakes justice. I must admit, I am an awful pancake flipper, and I spent too long trying to make decently shaped circular pancakes, instead of snapping some quick pics right when they got off the skillet!
I hope yours are prettier than mine, but just as tasty! Enjoy!
- 4 Organic Free Range eggs, room temperature
- 4 Tablespoons Unsweetened Almond (or other nut or coconut) Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- A Dash of Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 3 Tablespoons melted Virgin Coconut Oil
- Whisk Eggs.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients very well. (Or if you have a high speed blender, blend all ingredients together).
- Heat skillet with low-medium heat. Let batter stand for 3-5 minutes.
- Give it another quick mix, and pour palm sized pancakes onto griddle/skillet. Coconut flour likes to cook slowly at a low temperature, so don't be tempted to flip too early!
- Once the little bubbles start to form, flip the pancakes and cook until golden.
- Enjoy with some Maple Syrup!
What is your go-to weekend breakfast??