PLWF Green Smoothie
This is THE green smoothie recipe. Super creamy and not at all tasting of the spinach, kale, & avocado (the WHAT?!) which reside in it!
If you told me a few years ago that I would be consuming green colored beverages on a daily basis, I would have looked at you like you were crazy. Now I can’t get enough green in my smoothies! Adding any greens (spinach, kale, collard greens, lettuce) to your smoothies is a quick and easy way to get in those extra nutrients.
If you’re just starting to try out adding leafy greens to your smoothies, this is the recipe for you! I highly recommend beginning with lettuce and/or spinach, as they have the least bitter/intense flavors.
I LOVE creamy smoothies, so bananas are a must in all my smoothies. Plus, they’re super sweet for natural sweetener! Adding the avocado adds the healthy fats to the smoothie, and makes it even more deliciously creamy!
- 1-2 Frozen Banana(s)
- Handful Spinach (fresh or frozen)
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (homemade is best!)
- ¼ Avocado
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- ⅓ Cup Frozen Mango or Peaches
- Handful Kale, if desired
- ½ inch piece of Fresh Ginger Root, if desired (gives it a serious spicy kick!)
- Blend together (high speed blender preferable for utmost creaminess!) frozen banana, peach/mango, spinach/kale, (ginger root), & almond milk.
- Add avocado & ground flax seed. Blend in.
- If desired, top with Dried Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, Cacao Nibs, or Granola - Crunch = Yummy!
I hope you love it as much as I do! Like all smoothies, the measurements don’t have to be exact. You can play around with amounts to get the perfect flavor and texture for you! More banana will increase creaminess & sweetness. More avocado will increase creaminess, but too much may be bitter. More spinach will decrease creaminess and make it a bit more gritty. Do whatever you want to make it your own!
And as always, feedback is welcomed! Cheers to green dranks!