Cinnamon Oatmeal Bars (GF + Vegan)
Just in time for Easter brunch! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with their loved loves, celebrating Easter or Passover, or just spending time with them because . 🙂
This is a super easy make ahead treat, and any leftovers (although I doubt there will be any!) can be frozen for your later enjoyment! These can be enjoyed as dessert (topping with my chocolate ganache or healthy frosting) or as a sweet, quick, healthy grab & go breakfast bar. I enjoy devouring them in both circumstances, and all those in between!
They are no-bake, so no having to wait to snack on their dough like texture.
They freeze very well in sealed containers or bags, so you can make a ton at one them and move them to the refrigerator to thaw a little bit as needed.
The bars are sweetened with dates, which are a great carb and sugar source for cardiovascular exercise. They also have a ton of cinnamon in them. I love cinnamon. It’s upsetting to me that it’s usually a side note to recipes, so I love that it’s the main flavor in these bars. Cinnamon is a natural diuretic.
Have some fun with these, maybe adding cacao nibs and/or dried fruit to the “dough” to change up the texture! These are so versatile and easy! I hope you love them as much as I do!
- 12 Large Dates (soft & pitted)
- 2.5 c Old Fashion Oats
- ¾ c Peanut Butter (creamy or crunchy)
- ¼ c Natural Liquid Sweetener (I use Honey or Maple Syrup)
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 8 x 8 in Square Baking Pan - Lined with foil or parchment paper
- Soak dates in a little water if they're not soft.
- Add all ingredients in food processor or high speed blender.
- Scrap down edges as you go, so everything is blended well.
- Mix in any additional desired add-ins.
- Transfer to pan, and press firmly down so they are well packed in.
- Top with chocolate ganache or frosting, optional.
- Freeze for at least 30 min.
- Cut into squares or bars.
Feel free to add in pieces of nuts, dried fruit, or cacao nibs!
Treat yo self.