Autumn Tuna Salad
I am consuming endless amounts of fall foods. I cannot get enough apples, pumpkin, squash, and EVERYTHING else fall related! Anyone else with me??
This recipe is actually a lot less fall-y than most of the other foods I’ve been making and eating. I don’t eat much seafood anymore, but I was craving tuna salad. And I sure am glad I made it!
Most chicken salad and tuna salad are high in saturated fat (bad fat) from the mayonnaise that is typically used. To get the creaminess without the unsaturated fat, I used mashed avocado and Veganaise, a vegan mayonnaise substitute made from soybean oil.
- 1 can 5 oz. Tuna in Water (I use wild caught)
- ½ Avocado
- 3-4 Tablespoons Veganaise or Mayo
- ½ Cup Dried Cranberries
- ¾ Cup Chopped Walnut Pieces
- 1 Stalk Celery, chopped
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Drain excess liquid from tuna can. Combine and mash together Avocado & Veganaise/Mayo. Add Tuna.
- Mix in remaining ingredients (Cranberries, Walnuts, Celery, S&P)
What fall foods have you been enjoying?